Friday, April 18, 2014

The Wonderful World of Wedding Shows

    Wedding shows are an invaluable part of my business, both for meeting brides, and the fun and fellowship it provides. Although it can be hairy at times to make it on time and get everything set up, it's a priceless experience. I've had the pleasure to participate in many bridal shows, some here in Indiana, some out of state.
 

  I always bring samples of my cookies to these shows, and this is where one of the more humorous moments of my bridal show experiences comes in. At first, I cut my cookies in half, and offered those to the public. Within no time, however, they were gone. People were not only snagging several samples for themselves, but for family members as well!
  

   Why do you do it? “What is the purpose of bridal shows?” you may ask. Well, there are a myriad of reasons. Getting your name out there, showing off your product, reactions to new flavors you create, and snagging samples from Cakes by Cathy. Ultimately, it's just plain fun to get out, get dressed up, and have a good time away from all the distractions.
   

    Looking back, I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate in these shows. It allows me to get my name and product out there, I get to have fun, and be with my friends. Being called a Premier Vendor by Indy Wedding Ideas doesn't hurt either. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment