Saturday, April 26, 2014

Beautiful Brides of the Wedding World

An inevitable part of working in the wedding industry, is of course meeting brides. While at first glance it may seem like every one of them is the same, this couldn't be farther from the truth. There's one bride, in particular, I'd like to talk about, but first, let's look at some of the other types.

   1. The Classic Bride. They value timeless weddings, and are highly partial to the classic white wedding dress and other themes prevalent in classic weddings.

   2. The Creative Bride. Throw any pre-conceived notion of what you thought a wedding should look like out the window, because the creative bride will flip that on its head and turn it upside down. Their wedding will most likely be flashy and inventive, even eclectic to some.

   3. The Modern Bride. Modern Brides live in the here and now. Cutting edge and sophisticated are perfect words to describe their wedding

   4. The Nature Bride. In their eyes, anything that gets them closer to the outdoors is great for their wedding. Earthy tones may be present, and they may even walk around barefoot.

   5. The Anti Bride. A distant cousin to the Creative Bride, Anti Brides are determined that their wedding be the complete opposite of what a classic wedding should look like. Black dress, dark colors, gloomy lighting? You'll see it all.

   6. The D.I.Y bride. The one I've been waiting to talk about.

   D.I.Y brides usually have everything figured out, and will probably be taking care of most of it herself. She may be proficient with power tools, and isn't scared to get her hands dirty. D.I.Y brides are certainly one of a kind.
 
   However, D.I.Y brides think they can handle any task, and that's where trouble arises. I've met many D.I.Y (or Pinterest brides if you have an aversion to the term) who think that they can do everything themselves, including chocolate covered Oreos (if that's what they've chosen.) To them, it seems as simple as melting some candy melts, covering an Oreo, and presto! You're done.
  
   Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Candy Melts aren't even chocolate, they're primarily composed of sugar and vegetable fats. Not to mention that their primary function is decoration. When I make my sweets, I use actual chocolate, bought from a wholesaler, and specially flavored. I make every gourmet flavor by hand, including espresso and turtle crunch, for example. The process is laborious and not easy. It's worth it though, when I see a bride and groom's face light up, and I know I've made their day that more special. So if you're one of those D.I.Y brides (and even if you aren't) I highly suggest seeing what I have to offer. You won't regret it.

Here's a great video from our friends at Visionary Video highlighting a small peek at the process.






Your taste buds will thank us

No comments:

Post a Comment