Friday, March 28, 2014

Tuwanna's Tittilating Tastings






A highly rewarding part of my job is meeting a couple to discuss their wedding. I take special care in trying to get to know them, so that I can offer something very personal. There are many things I must factor in, and questions I must ask. The most basic is do they know what they want? If not, no worries. I discuss the wedding location, color, themes, how did they meet, what are some of their favorite things, etc... What time of the year their wedding is being held is also important, because let's face it: chocolate melts. 

    After the basic questions, I then assemble several different flavors for a tasting. I can match any flavor with the flavor of their wedding cake, except Red Velvet (I'm still working on that). I can add embellishments to match many different themes. Ultimately, the goal is to create a flavor that both complements the wedding and is pleasing to the pallet.

    Although some of these questions may seem insignificant, they all come together to present the couple with something they'll love. Nothing is more important to me than making sure the people involved are satisfied. Once everything is completed, it's up to me to assemble a tasty treat.

   While it can be time consuming, and even frustrating to get the finished product just right, it's undeniably worth it. Nothing beats having a bride and groom thrilled with my work. It's also exciting and heartwarming to know that I helped make their special day all the more special.



No comments:

Post a Comment