Friday, June 20, 2014

A Different Side to The Wedding World


   Although the wedding industry can seem like a strict, no fun zone at times, the conversation I had tonight proves that it is anything but. Recently, my friend announced that she was engaged, so some fellow professionals and I joined together..... In planning her wedding for her. Fun and hijinx commenced, and I'm sure everyone was laughing by the end.

   At one point she announced that her colors were slate gray and Terra cotta, and that the theme would be branches and twigs. All this leaves me wondering how I would put it on a cookie. A dear friend began sorting out a location, cake, centerpieces.... Even the tuxedo! By the end, every detail of our mock wedding was sorted out.

As you can see, although the wedding world does consist of professionals who take their jobs very seriously, we know how to have fun too. I've met many great people through networking meetings, people who I can trade services- and stories, with. I would have never thought that these business acquaintances would be people I would eventually joke around with on Facebook.

   The conversation lasted well around an hour, leaving all of us with a stitch in our sides, and I'm sure one very confused and overwhelmed fiance. It seems trivial, or almost silly, but this moment with fellow professionals taught me two things: One, God forbid any of our friends announce an engagement on Facebook, lest our inner professional come out. However, the second thing I learned is more important. During these networking meetings, I've met friends. Real friends, not acquaintances. People who care about me. Of course, they're always there if I need a buddy for hijacking a post as well. To me, that's invaluable.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment